[webkit-dev] Rename LayoutTests

Manuel Rego Casasnovas rego at igalia.com
Tue May 9 22:29:27 PDT 2017

On 10/05/17 04:23, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> Continuing the tradition of a massive rename in
> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-August/021746.html,
> I suggest we rename the top-level LayoutTests directory to something
> more descriptive of the current state.
>
> Some ideas:
> IntegrationTests - Represents what they are for WebCore.
> AutomatedTests - As opposed to ManualTests.
> ContentTests - Not great for tab completion.
> WebTests - Probably a bad idea for tab completion.

The very same discussion is happening right now on blink-dev:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/topic/blink-dev/KKNbuzj-3HY/discussion

A document with some ideas and pros/cons of each one:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wLSfod8apDy2sZsmXpTLRacfjweXP86C-V0wx5koJBg/edit

BTW, on a first sight I like "WebTests/" or even "Tests/".

Bye,
  Rego