[webkit-dev] Another WPT bite

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Tue May 9 08:11:53 PDT 2017

> What we're suggesting is to give preferential treatments to
> testharness.js over js-test.js / js-test-pre.js when you were already
> planning to write a test with the latter two scripts.

OK, I think this makes sense.

But I still think the very best kind of test is a flat file with 10-20 lines of code in it. Particularly for debugging JavaScript issues, large wrapper frameworks get in the way.

> - Tests would be more easily upstreamable to web-platform-tests, which are run by all major browser engines. This would help a lot in terms of interoperability. As previously discussed, Gecko and Blink already do automated export of tests to web-platform-tests. I believe we should do in the same direction and contribute more tests back.

I wonder why these other projects do automated export instead of incorporating testharness.js directly.

Geoff