[webkit-dev] PAL Strategy

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon May 1 12:41:02 PDT 2017

I thought the original intent for PAL was to replace WebCore/platform,
so I assume the criterion would be "stuff currently in
WebCore/platform." If not, then I'd question the value of having PAL at
all, as we really don't need a separate PAL on top of the platform
abstraction library we already have under in Source/WebCore/platform.

The stuff that moved to WTF was needed in JSC. If we want to keep stuff
like UUID from moving to WTF, then we'd need to allow JSC to depend on
PAL, rather than vice-versa.

Michael