[webkit-dev] Port For Android

Patrick Wright wrightpt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 17:07:29 PST 2017

Thanks, I saw that Webkit source from github came with an angle
implementation of android window that I assume would host a browser. it was
implemented in angle. Which to me just means the ability to host openGL ES
on Linux, Mac, etc.  I know that angle can be ported to Android. I guess
that may be one way to get my own browser window on Android.

However, in the source code of android. There is an implementation of
Webkit show here: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/
package-summary.html . it is just very slow and restrictive.

If i wanted to get my own browser window and not use stock android webkit
implementation. That was super fast to load. What would you recommend if i
may ask?