[webkit-dev] WebKit Build dependencies

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Fri Jun 23 05:41:43 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Adrian Perez de Castro
<aperez at igalia.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:41:26 +0530, Nagendra K
> <pingnagendra at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  To build WebKit alone for a cross platform embedded device, want to
>> know
>>  the list of dependencies/packages  required to build on
>> host(Ubuntu) and
>>  dependencies to run on host other than toolchain. Request some to
>> help
>>  where to find this information.
>
> For the GTK+ and WPE ports you can get an idea from the JHBuild
> module sets:

That's true, but since the JHBuild modulesets exist for a different
purpose, I wouldn't recommend looking at these. They contain stuff that
won't be needed, and do not contain stuff that will be needed.

Instead, it would be better to look at the Build-Depends in Ubuntu's
package. 'sudo apt-get build-dep webkit2gtk' should install everything
or almost everything you need. Alternatively, to make your list, see
[1] and look for a .debian.tar.xz to see the source for the Ubuntu
package, e.g. [2], then look at the Build-Depends in the control file.

Of course, you can also just try to build to find out what's missing.
CMake should give you an error message when you are missing a required
dependency. The build should not be allowed to begin until you have
them all installed.

Michael

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webkit2gtk
[2]