[webkit-dev] "ReflectOnly" IDL equivalent

Chris Dumez cdumez at apple.com
Fri Jun 2 09:18:33 PDT 2017

Hi,

No, I do not believe WebKit supports ReflectOnly and this is not standard IDL either.

The way to do it in WebKit would be to use a regular DOMString attribute, as in the specification and implement this logic in the c++ getter for this attribute. See HTMLElement::dir() for an example.

We could also consider adding support for something like ReflectOnly in our bindings generator considering that this seems to be used quite a bit in the HTML specification and it would decrease code complexity a little.
I’d actually be in favor of that.

--
 Chris Dumez