[webkit-dev] Changing Order of Precedence for Mac TestExpectations

Jonathan Bedard jbedard at apple.com
Fri Jul 14 10:16:30 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Today, we changed the order of precedence for Mac TestExpectations (r219507).  Previously, the precedence for El Capitan would look like this:

platform/mac-wk2
platform/wk2
platform/mac-elcapitan
platform/mac-sierra
generic

Where an expectation or expected result in platform/mac-wk2 would override one in platform/wk2, an expectation or expected result in platform/wk2 would override one in platform/mac-elcapitan, ect.

Now, precedence for Mac test expectations will conform to other platforms.  For example, precedence on iOS Simulator looks like this:

platform/ios-simulator-wk2
platform/ios-simulator
platform/ios-10
platform/ios-wk2
platform/ios
platform/wk2
generic

With these new changes, the precedence for El Capitan will look like this:

platform/mac-elcapitan-wk2
platform/mac-elcapitan
platform/mac-wk2
platform/wk2
generic

This change has required a few test expectations to be moved around, we do not expect much fallout.

Jonathan