[webkit-dev] Building WebKit for an iOS device

Frédéric WANG fred.wang at free.fr
Wed Jul 12 10:46:58 PDT 2017

Le 12/07/2017 à 19:19, Alex Christensen a écrit :
> WebKit can be built and run on the iOS simulator by anyone with the
> public iOS SDK.  I
> use https://webkit.org/blog/3457/building-webkit-for-ios-simulator/ when
> I forget how to do this.
>
> I guess WebKit can be built for device, but I’m pretty sure WebKit
> cannot be put as the system framework on an iOS device without
> Apple-internal tools.  With a lot of work you might be able to
> statically link everything into a custom app for local debugging, but
> I’m pretty sure such an app would be rejected by the App Store based
> on section 2.5.6
> of https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

Yes, I'm already using the simulator for running tests and testing local
ios builds. I was just wondering whether it was possible to produce and
install a local build for development and testing purpose on a device.
Apparently from your reply and Michael's this seems quite unlikely with
the public iOS SDK :-( I guess it would be nice to mention this
limitation on https://webkit.org/building-webkit/

Thanks.

--
Frédéric Wang