[webkit-dev] WebKit2 build

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Jul 10 12:44:32 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Nagendra K <pingnagendra at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Michel for the info. I will check further based on your
> suggestions.
> One more doubt, as you said we can delete WebKit and use Webkit2
> alone and build. Can the same be applied by deleting WebKit2 folder
> and build WebKit alone?

Yes, but be aware that none of the upstream Linux ports support legacy
WebKit anymore, so it will probably be much harder.

> if it is possible other than the multi process option will I lose any
> other feature, I think major features are part of the webcore, and
> are these features coupled with webkit2 or independent?

Some new features are WebKit2 only, e.g. resource load statistics. I'm
not aware of any list, though. Maybe somebody else will list more.
Also, the GLib APIs that you probably want to use are also
WebKit2-only. (The lower-level C and C++ APIs are going to be removed.)

Good luck,

Michael