[webkit-dev] WebKit2 build

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Jul 10 08:40:58 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Nagendra K <pingnagendra at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to build WebKit for an embedded platform. I am trying to
> first build WebKit with platform toolchain and try to run on the
> platform. I could build JSC.
> I am trying a to build webkit2, is it possible to build it without
> using any port.

To be clear, it's not possible. You have to create your own port if you
don't want to use an existing one. Since you're using Linux, you might
want to use the WPE port. That's the minimal embedded Linux port with
no toolkit dependency.

> Second is webcore necessary to be built before we build webkit2.
> Is WebKit folder used along with webkit2 or the both independent.

They are independent. You can delete the WebKit folder if you're only
going to be building WebKit2.

Michael