[webkit-dev] Settings and Testing (Settings, RuntimeEnabledFeatures, WebPreferences)

youenn fablet youennf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:09:49 PST 2017

> • If a test wants to change a RuntimeEnabledFeature:
>
> - No set pattern.
> - Some tests use internals.settings but this seems inappropriate, since
> the page has already loaded
> - Some tests use the special comment syntax parsed by TestRunners; this
> makes sense, but would not be good for imported tests

LayoutTests/tests_options.json is currently used to pass options for
imported tests, for instance whether they are slow or not.
It could be used for these options as well.

It would be good to have one unique way of setting test parameters that
cannot be set by JavaScript.
Currently we have three ways (TestExpectations, special comment syntax and
tests_options.json).
I don't like using TestExpectations for that purpose.