[webkit-dev] perf.webkit.org has been updated

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Jan 17 21:38:27 PST 2017

I've deployed the latest v3 UI on https://perf.webkit.org/
New UI is a lot more polished compared to the old "v1" UI, and
provides more functionality.

One of them is the ability to have multiple dashboards instead of one.
For now, I've picked arbitrary set of tests out of DOM, Parser,
Layout, SVG, and IndexedDB sub-directories of PerformanceTests.
Please let me know if you'd like to have another dashboard and/or
would like to replace any tests shown on any dashboard I've created.

Charts are automatically split (segmented) into pieces by where values
change on the main charts page [1]:
https://perf.webkit.org/v3/#/charts?since=1452499738608&paneList=((18-645-null-null-(5-2.5-500)))

On charts page, you can also annotate graphs by creating an analysis
task by clicking "Analyze". Each analysis task can be associated with
a Bugzilla bug. I can add other bug tracking tools if any.

The dashboard itself has the ability to automatically detects
potential regressions based on the aforementioned segmentation
algorithm and automatically start A/B tests on the range.
Unfortunately, we haven't enabled either feature on perf.webkit.org
since we don't have machines or build.webkit.org setup to trigger the
A/B testing for now.

- R. Niwa

[1] https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/182330