[webkit-dev] WebCore/platform standalone library

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Fri Jan 13 05:39:45 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Alex Christensen <achristensen at apple.com>
wrote:

> If PAL were a shared library in a CMake build, then it wouldn’t build
> successfully if there were layering violations.  I think we should do
> something like that to enforce good design, even if the Mac Xcode projects
> treat it as a static library or even just a part of WebCore.

Actually for development it would make lives much easier to keep it as
shared library, reducing compile time and help to segment the symbols in a
different space (linkers, gdb)

what if it becomes shared by default on Debug builds, static by default in
Release?

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems