[webkit-dev] ReadMe.md on Github

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Wed Feb 22 06:55:23 PST 2017

On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 22:53 -0800, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> I feel like GTK+ port's instruction can be consolidated enough to fit
> there but we might want to write some script that someone can run to
> do everything you need like Tools/Scripts/configure-xcode-for-ios-
> development for iOS first.

Currently there are just two scripts (install-dependencies and update-
webkitgtk-libs), and they are sufficiently-different that they should
not be consolidated.

That said, a pointer from the README to somewhere else is fine for us.
Certainly that's the way to go if the goal is to reduce the size of the
README. I would go as far to remove the Mac/iOS build and run
instructions and just point to the website for all ports. The more
content we duplicate in the README, the more content we have that will
get out of sync with the website.

Michael