[webkit-dev] Upstreaming Tests from WebKit to Web Platform Tests

Chris Dumez cdumez at apple.com
Sun Feb 5 18:38:24 PST 2017

I also think we should do 2-way sync-ing of WPT tests, similarly to other browser engines. These tests are extremely useful for interoperability. Every major browser engine is involved.

Google also has a nice dashboard showing the pass rates for each WPT test in each major browser. It makes it easier to identify areas we should improve on.

I - for one - would be happy to write tests using testharness.js when it makes sense if it means I can just land them in WebKit with my code change and have them being automagically upstreamed, and run by other browsers as well.

Note that I am not advocating we use testharness.js for everything (although I would be OK with this). I propose we make it opt-in. We have a lot of tests that are not necessarily interesting to upstream. However, the ones that are, using testharness.js makes a lot of sense.

Chris Dumez