[webkit-dev] WEB_TIMING enabled on all ports - let's remove the flag?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Wed Aug 2 05:53:27 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> Chromium Embedded Framework is an obvious comparison project for use cases
> like that. CEF is arguably more popular as a bundled engine than WebKit, so
> we probably don't need more flexibility than they provide. Does CEF let you
> compile out video support?

not sure, but they do offer the video pipeline internally via
ffmpeg... thus it's not spread across ports as we do. Similar cases
come from rendering system, they force one and thus remove some
options because all ports will implement a feature, unlike here where
most features are port-dependent.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems