[webkit-dev] OpenGl version to be used

gaurav.aradhya at wipro.com gaurav.aradhya at wipro.com
Wed Aug 2 00:35:20 PDT 2017

Hi,

We are trying to port Webkit on an embedded platform from version 74xxx to 184849 (from Webkit turnk version in 2010 to  version in 2015). Currently we have custom implementation of OpenGl 1.x running on the hardware. I have few questions regarding the OpenGl version to use for our platform:

  1.  We want to continue using our custom OpenGl implementation 1.x for the targeted WebKit revision 184849 (approximate). In the code I see conditional compilation flag OPENGL_ES_2 (uses gl2.h) and in the else part we are using gl.h (which seems to be OpenGl 1.x header). So can we continue using our custom OpenGl 1.x implementation (fixed function pipeline)? Ofcourse there could be few additional tweaks/functions / extensions to be supported by the custom OpenGl implementation.
  2.  What versions of OpenGl can HTML5 Canvas Implementation use? I suppose one option is OpengGl 2.0 ES, what are the others? Also please specify if its ES or desktop version.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards
Gaurav