[webkit-dev] Proposal: upstream the WPE port

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Apr 24 10:08:47 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Brady Eidson <beidson at apple.com>
wrote:
> In the coming weeks I am actually likely to be changing and/or
> removing at least a few functions from the C-API.
>
> As long as the WPE upstreaming effort is comfortable with the idea
> that I might be breaking them as they go… That’s fine.

Yes, we're fine with considering the C API as unstable and subject to
change at any time as per your requirements. This means we would be
landing WPE without any stable API at first.

Of course, it would be nice if you don't break the bits of the GTK+ API
that are implemented on top of the C API. We're happy to reduce our
internal use of the C API as required, we just want to keep the public
GTK+ API working.

Michael