[webkit-dev] Proposal: upstream the WPE port

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at webkit.org
Mon Apr 24 02:34:15 PDT 2017

El dom, 23-04-2017 a las 22:12 -0700, Brady Eidson escribió:
> > On Apr 22, 2017, at 6:21 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at igalia.c
> > om> wrote:
> >
> > I think Carlos's plan to reuse the non-GTK+ bits of the GTK+ API
> > would be much better for us.
>
> I as long as the GTK and WPE ports like this plan (it appears they
> both are) and are both committed to see it to fruition (it appears
> they both are), then I fully support this.
>
> I do *not* support adding another client of the C API, even in the
> interim.

It would be easier for us to move to the new API after the port is
upstream, since it will require refactorings in both ports GTK+ and WPE
. So, we can simply remove from the current patch anything added to the
C API (except the web view implementation or whatever is needed by WTR)
and then work on moving to the new API in follow up patches.

Are you ok with that?