[webkit-dev] Problems running WebKit/Safari in Sierra

Dan Bernstein mitz at apple.com
Tue Nov 15 07:41:37 PST 2016

> On Nov 15, 2016, at 7:23 AM, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs at igalia.com> wrote:
>
> Hey all.
>
> WebKit/Safari builds just like it always does, but running it now fails
> for me in Safari (10.12.1):
>
> $ ./Tools/Scripts/run-safari
> Starting SafariForWebKitDevelopment with DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH set to
> point to built WebKit in /Users/jd/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release.
> dyld: Symbol not found: _NSTouchBarDidExitCustomization
>  Referenced from:
> /Users/jd/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/WebKitLegacy.framework/Versions/A/WebKitLegacy
>  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
> in
> /Users/jd/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/WebKitLegacy.framework/Versions/A/WebKitLegacy
>
> I'd be most grateful for a hint and/or a pointer to the doc my search
> failed to turn up.

Hi Joanmarie,

If you are building WebKit with Xcode 8.1, then to use it, you need to have macOS 10.12.1 build 16B2657. Your computer may have a different build, 16B2555, which was originally offered to computers without a Touch Bar. You can use the sw_vers command to see which build you have. The newer build is available from <https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1897 <https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1897>>.

Thanks!