[webkit-dev] Experimental features enabled at runtime

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Sat Nov 5 18:18:34 PDT 2016

On Sat, 2016-11-05 at 16:03 -0700, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> Maybe what we really need is one set of defaults that are appropriate
> > for development (our bots, ENABLE(DEVELOPER_MODE), Safari Tech
> Preview,
> > etc.) and a different set of defaults that are appropriate for
> stable
> > releases and end users.
>

> That makes sense.  Ideally,
> FOR_EACH_WEBKIT_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURE_PREFERENCE
> is only used for features that need to be enabled in those "beta" or
> "developer" versions of each port's browser.

Yeah, it could be as simple as all those experimental features are
enabled by default in the ENABLE(DEVELOPER_MODE) case, and they're all
disabled otherwise. Though then there's no way to have features
runtime-enabled features that are too unstable even for Tech Preview.

All CMake ports support ENABLE(DEVELOPER_MODE); is that defined
anywhere with the XCode build?

Michael