[webkit-dev] Importing Test262 into WebKit

Osztrogonác Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue May 17 07:35:08 PDT 2016

Hi,

I checked the current status on Linux (JSCOnly port), and got the following:
- 38109 tests (19758 different tests, most of them are run in
   strict and non-strict mode too, some of them only in one mode.)
- 2742 failures
- runtime: 12.5 minutes (on a Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz CPU)
   note: test262's (deprecated!) test runner can't run tests parallel

How do you plan to include test262?
- check-in all tests (20Mb, ~20k files!) / update them periodically ?
- clone a stable revision automatically by test-harness / manually by the user ?

How do you plan to handle [onlyStrict], [noStrict] flags and
negative/includes directives in test cases?
- I would prefer offline parsing of the test cases and check-in
a generated yaml file describes how to run each tests properly.
(With a checked in script to be able to regenerate it easily after an update.)

Do you plan to run all tests with different JSC configurations?
(noJIT,noLLINT, DFG/FTLEager, noCJIT, ...)

It would be great to see preliminary results, such as runtime, conformance,
stability before making JSC tester bots run these tests by default.

I willingly help testing patches on X86_64/ARM Linux environments,
reviewing run-jsc-stress-tests improvements, please cc me to the
related bug reports and feel free to ping me on IRC.

br,
Ossy