[webkit-dev] On/Off selection gap painting during the text selection

Manuel Rego Casasnovas rego at igalia.com
Tue May 3 08:34:11 PDT 2016

On 03/05/16 17:12, Gyuyoung Kim wrote:
> In second issue case, although it looks there is no critical issue with
> new layout methods yet
> I think I need to check it further. But the issues won't appear on port
> which uses gaps painting.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly, but the issue with new layout
methods is happening when you paint the selection gaps, if you don't
paint them the issue disappears.

A very simple example with Flexbox:

Try to select from "first" to "third", with selection gaps painting the
final result is really bad. Without gaps painting it should be better.
You can check it live here: http://jsbin.com/getafojevu/1/edit

Bye,
  Rego