[webkit-dev] WebKit project repo size

Marcus Johnson bumblebritches57 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:42:19 PDT 2016

I use the git mirror, so I'm not sure how large the main SVN repo is, but
the git one is huge at like 7 GB.

I think the best way to reduce that amount of space, is by splitting out
the websites into their own repos, and possibly even the unit tests into
their own repo as well.

Also, I've had pretty good luck reducing various repo's size running git gc
--aggressive (it's re-compacts the .pack file) making it 5GB, so obviously
some more work needs to be done.

I mean, it's just ridiculous trying to download a 7 GB project just to
submit a few patches for memory related issues.