[webkit-dev] Prototyping Custom Elements API

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Mar 1 21:55:11 PST 2016

Hi all,

I've successfully finished the prototype of custom elements, and
attended a F2F meeting in January [1].  We had reached consensus on
many pressing matters, and now we have a rewrite of the spec based on
this meeting [2].

As such, now I'm going to proceed to implement custom elements API for
real in trunk WebKit behind a build flag without prefix and enable it
by default on Mac ports (as done for the prototype).  You can follow
the new implementation effort on https://webkit.org/b/154907

[1] https://github.com/w3c/WebPlatformWG/blob/gh-pages/meetings/25janWC.md
[2] https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/pull/405
- R. Niwa