[webkit-dev] "Fake" ref-tests

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sun Jul 24 08:13:40 PDT 2016

23.07.2016, 07:57, "Darin Adler" <darin at apple.com>:
>>   On Jul 22, 2016, at 4:14 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>>   What is the right way to deal with tests like these?
>
>  I think we should move the tests into platform/mac.

I don't think this is a good solution, because these tests do not test any Mac-specific feature.

>>   I think it would be better to convert such tests to pixel tests.
>
>  No, because we don’t run pixel tests.

So you think it's ok to masquerade pixel tests as ref-tests in order to run them on bots?

Wouldn't it be better to create some kind of white-list for pixel tests which should be run on bots? In ideal future when lots of old tests are converted to ref-tests, there still be need to have a few pixel tests to catch rendering bugs, and I think these 2 can belong to that set.

>  — Darin

Konstantin