[webkit-dev] "No red pixels below" automation

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat Jul 16 08:39:52 PDT 2016

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> There is a number of layout tests which are expected not to have red pixels in case of pass. Some of them are purely pixel tests, which are not checked by bots (and not often by humans), others have render trees dumps, but there many cases when render tree dump is right but end result is not because of painting bug, and it's also easy to overlook one-pixel errors when doing rebaseline.
>
> Was it ever considered to do automatic red pixel search in png result? Such tests could be run on bots and increase regular coverage.

My first choice would be to instead turn each of these tests into reference tests, rather than creating a new type of test.

If we instead find that there are tests where that is not easy or practical to do, I’d be OK with creating a new type of test.

Lets talk about some individual tests if you like.

— Darin