[webkit-dev] Proposal: Adopt Web Inspector coding style for all WebKit JS/CSS source code

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Sun Jul 10 15:28:31 PDT 2016

> On Jul 10, 2016, at 3:04 PM, Anthony Ricaud <rik at webkit.org> wrote:
>
> It would be nice for contributors if those rules were enforced by a linter, like ESLint.

Individual contributors are, of course, welcome to have their own linters/style plugins for their preferred editor(s), but it greatly reduces the burden on the project as a whole to rely on a single, universal script like check-webkit-style.

This has the huge benefit of being a script anybody can run no matter what their preferred IDE/text editor is, as well as being something that the EWS and CommitQueue bots can run.

Thanks,
~Brady