[webkit-dev] Intent to implement in Blink: CSS properties break-{after, before, inside}

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Tue Jan 19 12:48:05 PST 2016

We are in favor of those properties. If you want to talk about “avoid” specifically offline, I outlined a plan for implementing that property in one of the webkit bugs (I’ll have to hunt down the link). I think it basically needs to work a bit like margin collapsing in the sense that you need to propagate out knowledge of the break intent at the top and bottom of blocks, and then “collapse” with adjacent blocks to determine what the break intent should be at a given position.

dave