[webkit-dev] Building Webkit on Windows

Rakesh Sadhu rakeshsadhu at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 27 02:01:39 PST 2016

Hi Thomas,
Thank for your  answer .
However my build suddenly fails and I notice , its creating 32 bit binaries .
I am attaching a build log file here .

regards
RSadhu

To: achristensen at apple.com
From: thomas.brodt.lists at porabo.ch
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:15:06 +0100
CC: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Building Webkit on Windows

    Hi Alex

    thank you for your prompt answer. That is good news because in the
    past I had different difficulties in setting up a functional
    environment with several trial and error steps inbetween, although I
    tried to exactly follow the installation guide. I tend to create a
    virtual machine for a reliable building environment, so with my next
    one I will try without the cygwin installation.

    We use Webkit via COM interface on Windows in our application here,
    so I build rather infrequently, and with a working build, we then
    can live for some time. But for our use we would need 32bit
    dependencies, and if I understood correctly, there are currently
    only 64bit available. That doesn't matter at the moment, but when I
    am ready for our next build, I would ask again if you don't mind.

    Thanks for your help!

    Thomas

    Am 25.02.2016 um 19:17 schrieb Alex
      Christensen:

      That also applies to the WinCairo port.  I don’t think you’ll need
      GNU Make any more now that we use CMake for Windows.  You also
      shouldn’t need to install iTunes to build and run WinCairo.  With
      WinCairo, you will also need the WinCairoDependencies.zip which
      you can get by running Tools/Scripts/update-webkit-wincairo-libs.
       Right now, only the 64-bit dependencies are included in that zip,
      but let me know if you need 32-bit dependencies.  They are from https://github.com/peavo/WinCairoRequirements
      Then you should be able to build with Tools/Scripts/build-webkit
      --wincairo --64-bit

      We really should update the instructions on webkit.org

            On Feb 25, 2016, at 12:17 AM, Thomas Brodt
              <thomas.brodt.lists at porabo.ch>
              wrote:

               Does this
                also apply for the WinCairo port? Or does this port
                still require cygwin?

                Thomas

                Am 24.02.2016 um 20:32