[webkit-dev] Thought about Nix JavaScriptCore port

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Feb 10 08:28:53 PST 2016

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 1:40 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> 10.02.2016, 05:41, "Eric Wing" <ewmailing at gmail.com>:
>> - I don't know what parts JSC actually needs to know what I can safely remove
>
> I second this request, it would be great if WebKit had a documentation which kinds of ICU data are used by JSC and by WebCore.

That’s going to change over time. We have frequently changed which functions and sections of ICU we use as we develop WebKit. That being said, there is no harm in someone carefully researching exactly what parts of ICU WebKit uses at a particular point in time.

Maybe since the two of you both want it, one of you would like to volunteer to do that?

I’m not sure there’s anyone else planning on it.

— Darin