[webkit-dev] Thought about Nix JavaScriptCore port

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:17:59 PST 2016

On 2/7/16, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 07.02.2016, 14:40, "Eric Wing" <ewmailing at gmail.com>:
>> I just tried pulling the mainline to try the B3 drop. The merge wasn't so
>> clean.
>> But right now I'm getting a compile error.
>> B3Compilation.cpp.o
>>
>> LLVMHeaders.h:46:10 fatal error: 'llvm-c/Analysis.h' file not found
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> You have HAVE(LLVM) enabled, but your LLVM installation is not detected or
> is broken.
> Try to build from scratch or remove CMakeCache.txt (which will trigger full
> rebuild)

So this was a build from scratch and I didn't override any defaults
concerning LLVM (my main thing is -DPORT=Nix) A week ago before the B3
drop (llvmForJSC), it built and there was no complaint about this
header.

I didn't do anything to my installation. But I think I may see the
problem. On my distro, I have the directories,
/usr/include/llvm-3.4
/usr/include/llvm-3.6
/usr/include/llvm-c-3.4
/usr/include/llvm-c-3.6

I do not have anything without a version number. So
'llvm-c/Analysis.h' is not going to find anything.

I suspect the correct solution is to #include "Analysis.h" and
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES should specify the correct llvm include directory
based on the correct find_* logic.

Thanks,
Eric