[webkit-dev] Some text about the B3 compiler

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Wed Feb 3 09:17:47 PST 2016

On 02/02/16 00:27, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:

> We've been running those benchmarks with
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/Scripts/run-benchmark
>
> It might be useful for Mac and other ports to have bots available on
> build.webkit.org as well.

After discussing this with Carlos Garcia. We think we will do the following:

1. Implement support on this run-benchmark script to execute the tests also on the WebKitGTK+ MiniBrowser.
2. Create a new step 'benchmark-test' for the bots to execute this script.
3. Make the current WebKitGTK+ performance test bot [1] run this step after the current 'perf-tests' step.
4. Hope that Apple makes public their private performance dashboard so we can tell the bot to upload the results there.

That way we will be running this JSC tests automatically on a browser helping to catch failures.

Any comment/suggestion regarding the plan is welcome.

Regards.
--------

[1] https://build.webkit.org/builders/GTK%20Linux%2064-bit%20Release%20%28Perf%29