[webkit-dev] fullscreen-webkit.c

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Thu Dec 29 12:20:14 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-12-29 at 14:26 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I took fullscreen-webkit.c and added some functionality.

Hi,

So my first question would be: where is this file? We can't help you
much if we don't know what you're doing. :)

> I now updated to CentOS 7.3 and the program still works - BUT - after
> the the first message (which does go full screen and no scroll bar)
> for some reason it activates the right scroll bar on a page that has
> no scroll. Just a simple message.
>
> Is there a reason for that ?
> Any thoughts?
>
> Jerry
>
> These are the files on the CentOS CD for CentOS 7.2 and CentOS 7.3
> for webkit.

This version of WebKit is extremely old and insecure; you won't be able
to get any support for it upstream, sorry. If you can reproduce with
the latest stable version, currently 2.14.2, then you could file a bug
report for the scrollbar appearing unnecessarily.

I did a quick check of the CentOS sources [1] and it looks like the
only change between 7.2 and 7.3 was a German translation update, so no
guesses as to what could have caused the change in behavior. I had
thought modern WebKit was coming to CentOS, because Red Hat was working
on another GNOME rebase and it's needed for that, but looks like that
didn't happen for 7.3.

Michael

[1] https://git.centos.org/summary/?r=rpms/webkitgtk3