[webkit-dev] WebKit gobject bindings: Who is guiding their future?

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at webkit.org
Mon Aug 29 06:00:46 PDT 2016

El lun, 29-08-2016 a las 07:54 -0500, Michael Catanzaro escribió:
> On Mon, 2016-08-29 at 14:45 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> >
> > I agree this is not ideal for a GObject API, but I really don't see
> > how
> > this is a major problem, to be honest.
>
> The problem is that you would either have to check for errors on
> every
> function call, including the 95% of function calls that cannot throw
> errors, or just ignore all errors.

That's why I asked Darin if now all DOM methods can raise exceptions,
because that information is no longer in the idl. If we keep the GError
model, we would need to add a GError parameter to every public method,
so that would be the same problem. If we change the exception model and
we know which methods can raise exceptions we can simply document it.

I see a problem for gobject-instrospection bindings more than C
developers.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos