[webkit-dev] Using ResourceTiming API for testing

Yoav Weiss yoav at yoav.ws
Sun Apr 24 08:54:43 PDT 2016

Hey,

As part of implementing support for `<link rel=preload>` more tests are
needed to make sure resources are properly reused. The easiest way to test
that is using the ResourceTiming API, which is currently implemented behind
an off-by-default build-time flag.

Therefore, I'd like to move the implementation of ResourceTiming API to be
behind an off-by-default runtime flag, so I can use it in preload's layout
tests. (By adding an internal API that turns it on when needed)

Would that be OK with the project? Any reasons I shouldn't be doing that?

Thanks! :)
Yoav