[webkit-dev] SPAM on trac.webkit.org

Lucas Forschler lforschler at apple.com
Thu Apr 21 10:30:53 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I’d like to follow up on the current wiki situation.

In the past, any authenticated trac.webkit.org user was allowed to modify or create wiki entries. However, with the recent spam infiltration, this is no longer viable. To solve this, I’ve removed WIKI_MODIFY and WIKI_CREATE permissions from the authenticated users group. This seems to have eliminated spam from making it to the wiki pages.

We currently have a ‘developer' group on trac, which contains all members with svn committer privileges.  This group has WIKI_MODIFY and WIKI_CREATE permissions. Using this mechanism means only users with svn committer privileges are now allowed to create or modify wiki entries. I am hoping this will be sufficient moving forward. I do understand that there may be folks who contribute to WebKit, but are not svn committers. If there is sufficient desire, I can investigate another level of access.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

thanks,
Lucas