[webkit-dev] SPAM on trac.webkit.org

Lucas Forschler lforschler at apple.com
Sun Apr 17 06:14:25 PDT 2016

I’ve removed WIKI_CREATE and WIKI_MODIFY permissions from the ‘authenticated' and ‘developer' groups. Removing from the authenticated group may have been enough, but I wanted to be certain to stop spam and get it under control before loosening permissions.

I’ve also attempted to delete all the spam posts, and revert any modifications to other pages.

Looks like the following email addresses were used:
tom24by7 at gmail.com
anna.rascal15 at gmail.com
emaxico9 at gmail.com
mailme.john5 at rediffmail.com <mailto:mailme.john5 at rediffmail.com>

I believe we can turn on the Captcha mechanism, which may help alleviate some spam. I’ll continue to investigate.
Lucas