[webkit-dev] Using JavaScriptCore in an audio context

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Wed Sep 23 08:49:57 PDT 2015

Hi again,

I must say that this "Using JavaScriptCore in an audio context" idea came because directly using a Domain Special Language ==> LLVM IR ==> LLVM JIT ==> native code chain cannot be used on iOS, since iOS forbids executing of dynamically generated native code (we already do that on OSX, Linux, Windows). So wanting to use JavaScript is only a workaround for us, we could not found another one.

A more general question could be : would Apple allow applications developers to use the fantastic power of LLVM tools and libraries in a "safe" way ? That would be an interesting line of work…

Best Reagrds

Stéphane Letz