[webkit-dev] NetworkSession

Alex Christensen achristensen at apple.com
Mon Nov 9 11:32:34 PST 2015

I made new abstractions for loading in WebKit2: NetworkSession and NetworkDataTask.  It is disabled by default right now, but if you switch USE_NETWORK_SESSION to 1, it mostly works on Mac with features like authentication challenges not implemented yet.  I believe these new abstractions fit better with libsoup, but I’d like feedback on what an actual libsoup implementation would need.  I’m planning on removing the ResourceHandle use in WebKit2 and the async/continue callbacks in ResourceHandleClient and ResourceHandle once this work is done.

Alex