[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore: Garbage Collector Issue

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Wed May 27 10:11:05 PDT 2015

Hi Max.

The best way to get help with a potential bug in JavaScriptCore is to post example code that reproduces the bug to bugs.webkit.org.

> I wrote a XCTest in Xcode which performs multiple calls of the JavaScript library (with loops) but it always stops or freezes after the 292nd call.

Can you post a backtrace of all threads in the frozen state? You can get a backtrace from the debugger, or the sample command line tool, or the Instruments Time Profiler.

> I guess that the JavaScriptCore context (or virtual machine) are not deinitialized after the method call was successful.

I don’t know what you mean by this. I don’t think this is a thing.

> I even tried a manual deinitialize but it still freezes.

Ditto.

Regards,
Geoff