[webkit-dev] CMake dependency bump?

Osztrogonác Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Wed May 13 02:03:57 PDT 2015

Hi,

Why would be helpful to stuck with a very old cmake version?
CMake 2.8.8 was released on 18th Apr 2012 (3 years ago), and
2.8.12 was released on 8th Oct 2013 (1.5 years ago). What is
the blocker issue why you can't use the newer cmake? Could
you explain the details? Wouldn't be easier to try to solve
the issue you ran into with the newer cmake?

As far as I know cmake isn't shipped with OS X, but please correct me
if I'm wrong. Installing a binary cmake or building it from source isn't
a big deal at all. Additionally what builds fine with 2.8.8, it should
build fine with 2.8.12 too, including LLVM too.

Otherwise is there an expected date when will cmake officially
supported by Apple with buildbots and EWS too? This cmake on Mac
project started near a year before, but unfortunately I can't see
too big effort from Apple contributors, only your occasionally patches.

I fully support to progress toward on this way if we can see
a real intentions to switch to cmake once in the future.

br,
Ossy