[webkit-dev] Single-page apps without Javascript W3C proposal interest?

Bobby Mozumder bmozumder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:45:55 PDT 2015

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the feedback.

I haven’t heard a response from them and haven’t asked any other vendor directly.. I started with Webkit first as that’s what I’m most familiar with, and our fashion audience is mostly Mac/iOS Safari anyways. (then Chrome, then IE, then finally a bit of Firefox)

I’ll check with the other vendors, but right now is it a definite no or more of skepticism/not enough info?  (which is fine, as I expect this process to take years to go through, figure out specs, security holes, prototypes, implementations, etc..)

I’m looking at this as more of a standard enhancement to HTML, usable by the 200 million Tumblr blogs, or 75 million Wordpress sites, that aren’t doing complex apps, but just basic document reading.  All these sites have to reload full pages, but this proposal would allow their pages to be served quicker, without forcing these hundreds of million sites to go through Javascript.

Lots of these sites are run by high-school kids, and forcing them to go through Angular or Ember or React would probably be too much, so they’re stuck with full page refreshes done by <A href=“”>.  Javascript would be a huge impediment to their basic needs, as it’s infinitely more complex than HTML.

Some of the comments and feedback web developers put out include that view as well, that declarative dynamic reloads should have been a basic part of HTML.

-bobby