[webkit-dev] Running new/modified tests on EWS bots

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Mar 19 10:57:11 PDT 2015

19 марта 2015 г., в 8:46, youenn fablet <youennf at gmail.com> написал(а):

> Hi,
>
> Related to the webkit contributor meeting discussion related to ports,
> I would find it useful if EWS bots (gtk, efl, win, ios) were running
> the tests that are modified/created by a patch.
>
> The idea would be to turn yellow the port bubble whenever one of these
> tests do not pass. Results would be uploaded to bugzilla.
>
> This would give an incentive for patch developers to try fixing the
> tests on these ports.
> That may reduce (slightly? noticeably?) port maintainers gardening effort.
> That would also be valuable when importing test suites.
>
> Any potential issue? objection to move that forward?
> Anyone willing to help? Thoughts?

I think that it's a good idea. The infrastructure added for this could be reused for something that we wanted for a long time - on the Mac, we should run newly added tests multiple times and also with GuardMalloc enabled, to reduce the chances of them being flaky, or uncovering memory corruption. That's a low cost in terms of EWS performance.

- Alexey