[webkit-dev] Question regarding video on canvas

Paul Preibisch fire at b3dmultitech.com
Fri Mar 13 00:54:21 PDT 2015

Hi there,  I am working on a mobile web app which
requires videos to be displayed within an iframe or on a canvase, and NOT
displayed full-screen
on the iphone when played.

I've searched the web, but am unclear whether this is actually possible or
not.

I assume this feature is currently NOT available, as every browser video I
have come across always plays in full screen mode.

*1) I'd be grateful If you could let me know IF playing a video within an
iframe or on canvas IS in fact possible (without going full screen) ON an
iphone.*
*2) If it is NOT possible, is this feature on the roadmap? If so, what is
the release date?*

Thanks a lot for your information,

Kind regards