[webkit-dev] NEON_INTRINSICS

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Mar 9 11:34:57 PDT 2015

Requiring a perf bot to be set up before removing unmaintained code seems like a really high bar. What would it take to do a one-shot test of whether NEON_INTRINSICS is a perf benefit? Would it show up on PLT or on JS perf benchmarks if you compiled with it? If it’s not a speedup in its existing form, then it’s probably not worth keeping around. If it is, then that might be incentive for someone to get it production-ready and on by default for relevant platforms.

Regards,
Maciej