[webkit-dev] Event firing and repainting of saved Images in webkit

Myles C. Maxfield mmaxfield at apple.com
Wed Mar 4 06:50:36 PST 2015

You might want to look at how the onLoad JavaScript event gets fired as well as how ImageLoader updates the contents of images as more bytes are downloaded. Investigating how animated gifs cause repaints might also be helpful.

As far as the control of reacting to page load and setting up timers, you might want to investigate doing that part in script, and implementing only the image manipulation algorithm itself in native code.