[webkit-dev] WTF and STL

youenn fablet youennf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 01:40:36 PDT 2015

Hi all,

STL classes such as std::function, std::unique_ptr are being used nowadays
in WebKit. The STL has some advantages, such as better documentation, being
familiar to non-WebKit developers...

I am wondering whether we should and could use more of the STL.
For instance, constructs that I know of such as Vector, Deque, Optional
have close counterparts in the STL.

Is there a way to keep all benefits brought by WTF constructs but using
their STL counterparts? Are there WTF constructs that can be replaced
directly by STL ones? Should we try it?

Also any thoughts on current WTF benefit compared to STL?

Thanks