[webkit-dev] Painting /Drawing mechanism in webkit

ankit srivastav ank.cpp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:58:50 PST 2015

Hi All,

I'm new to webkit in context of Painting/Drawing.

I'm trying to use my own algo instead of Webkit defaults Bilenear
Interpolation algo for interpolation of images on a webpage.
That is if destImage Size is greater then SrcImage Size my algo will also
come into picture alongside Webkit Bilinear.

But the problem is my algo take lots of time to do the interpolation, hence
the page load becomes slow.
Specially for large images it takes too much time to load the image and
hence the webpage.

I have tried to use my algo in PlatformGraphicsContext.cpp along with
Bilinear.

If I'm using a separate thread to for my algo.
I'm not getting the exact result i.e. once the images are drawn by Bilinear
it is not been drawn after my algo.

It means I need to fire an event after interpolation is done by my algo, so
that images will be drawn using the data from my algo.

Please if someone can tell me the Painting/Drawing mechanism of webkit it
would be great.

Regards,
Ank