[webkit-dev] WEBCORE_EXPORT

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Feb 23 16:55:11 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Alex Christensen <achristensen at apple.com>
wrote:

> > Does it matter the function is defined in a header file or that it's an
> inline?
>
> If a function is always inlined that would also cause a problem if the
> linker tried to export a symbol from an object file, but most of those are
> defined in headers.

Okay.  I think we should be precise here.

The fact inline functions being marked as "exported" causes a problem makes
sense to me because they may not create any exportable symbols in object
files while whether a function being defined in a header file or not
affecting the behavior of compilers/linkers would puzzle me because they're
all combined into a single translation unit.

- R. Niwa